|Title||Alvarado Grammar School|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Alvarado Grammar school on Smith Street. Erected 1860. Served until 1924. A prior school operated in Capt. harston Union 1857(2). home. 5 pupils erolled. 1st class 5 .
Taught by Mrs. Wwwwarren. present school 1924
EA richmond shadow.
Blanch Mery mr. Richmond. Early teacher
Ok school had 3 classrooms.
nine grade upper story band room.
writing not legible. The typed information was an intrepretation of the writing.
images of America, Union City
The Alvarado Grammar School was built in 1878 on the property of the current Alavardo Elementary School. It was a two story , four room building that would be used to until 1924, when a newer school was built. The 1924 elementary school was replaced by the modern on in the 1950s.
B/W, copy ( 2 copies).
|Collection||Fisher, Robert B : Category XI : Indexed 3X5 photo prints with ne|